The Kori Kori Tahiti Fete is sold out! according to information provided by producer Ravahere Allred. Events are scheduled to start on Thursday and run through Sunday, November 12-15, 2009 and take place at the Horn Theater on the College of Southern Nevada-Cheyenne Campus (3200 East Cheyenne Ave).
On Thursday, Tumata Robinson will be holding a dance workshop. This will be followed on Friday by the 2nd Miss Pearls of Polynesia Pageant. Tickets for both activities are still available. Tickets for the pageant are $20, children 3-10 are $10.
Last year, Dina Here Auneau became the first Miss Pearls of Polynesia. This year, 10 young women are vying for the crown. They include:
1. Jasmin Jade Anes from Teoraroa Otea of San Francisco
2. Alyssa Acfalle from Siosi of San Diego
3. Ariel Dille from Tevakanui of Las Vegas
4. Angela Sencil from Hui Tama Nui
5. Ashley Inguito from Manuia Polynesia
6. Heali'i Stanley from Heali'i Polynesia Revue of San Diego
7. Sabrina Liufau from Nonosina of Anaheim
8. Lucie Wilson from Ranihere of Laie, Hawaii
9. Constance Anna Palelei from Tevakanui of Las Vegas
10. Michelle Baker from Nemenzo of Daly City
The girls will be competing in a number of categories including interview, talent, swimsuit, and gown. Total prizes total over $10,000 including a round trip ticket to Tahiti. In addition, the girls will have the opportunity to be in the planned upcoming Miss Pearls of Polynesia calendar.
The following day, Saturday, group and solo competition begin. Activities start at 11:00 am and run to 8:00 pm. On Sunday, the competition will conclude. After the awards ceremony, a special show by Nonosina will take place. Separate admission is required and tickets are still available ($20 in advance $25 at the door for Adults, Under 10 $10 and $15).
A special VIP After Party will take place in the evening.
For any questions and additional information, please contact Ravahere Allred or visit the Kori Kori Tahiti Fete official website.