Saturday, April 03, 2010

Heiva I Waimea solo competition and pageant

The deadline is approaching fast for competing at Heiva I Waimea. Applications need to be in by April 15th. Late registration is possible but additional fees apply. Entry forms for both soloists and the Miss Heiva I Waimea title may be downloaded here.

Heiva I Waimea

This will be the fourth year of the event that has taken place at Waimea Valley on Oahu. The dance group Manutahi Tahiti, led by ra'atira Pola Teriipaia, has produced the event that features tamari'i (children), both tamahine and tamaroa, and dancers up to 21 years of age. Soloists compete by performing to Tahitian drumming.

Miss Heiva I Waimea contestants must be between the ages of 12-21, unmarried and without children. Contestants will be judged on talent, costume, and formal wear. Entry fee is $35 per individual.

For more information or questions, please contact Tess DeCorte (Promotions/Marketing) of Manutahi Tahiti.

No comments: