|Keona Cross, Miss Purotu 2011|
Nine contestants from Oahu vied for the crown and competed in 5 categories that included:
• Costume Naturel - Contestants must create and model an outfit made from natural materials.
• Pareu – Contestants given fabric from Tahiti to create an outfit that reflects their personality.
• Talent - 1) Contestants must perform a solo Ote'a and 2) Choose between singing a Tahitian song or dancing a slow Aparima (Ahuroa).
• Island Formal - Contestants will model a Tahitian style dress - Purotu, custom fit and designed for them by designer Linda Mataoa from Tahiti.
• Interview - Contestants must answer questions proposed to them by the Master of Ceremony.
|Miss Photogenic - Darla Carino|
The evening event included not only the pageant, but also Tahitian entertainment, a Tahitian dinner and cocktails. Sponsors of the event included Purotu Designs, Fashion Quick, Arii Creations, Hawaii's Wedding Professionals, Rotui Tahiti, SNJ LLC, and American Income Life.
The Miss Purotu Pageant is a Tahitian style pageant that allows young women to develop and share their inner and outer beauty, talent, and love for the Tahitian culture.